torsdag 16 september 2010

And the winner is....

Wow, what a treat! I'm so impressed! You all did such a tastefull and creative dishes. Obviously there aren't so many of you out there who'll use fruit in your main dishes. I myself is no stranger to that. It started long time ago with banana and peanuts in a special chicken dish. During the 1980s we all ate pineappel on our pizzas. Later on, when I really got in to cooking food for myself I usally had appel with my fish stew. As a vegetarian I've become more and more accoustomed to using fruit in warm meals. I'm very glad for all of you that entered this challange and tried new combinations.

Well well, there is a first time for everything. This is my first time to compile all the enteries and contributions for Paper Chef #56 September 2010. You'll find all the entries here but I'll try to make a nice presentation too. After all, it kind of feels like you all have cooked for me :-) Now I have to taste them all and then I'll do my best to choos only one of all the delicious dishes to be the winner of this months Paper Chef.
I do appologize for beeing so late with my decision. It is election time in Sweden and I've been busy and very concerned about the outcome. We have a party political tradition in Sweden with about 7 (it might vary between the term of office) different parties in our Parliament. This election somehow has turn out to be more of a two-party system and Our Election Day is this comming Sunday. Only three days left :/

Sarah of Simply cooked made a Pumpin and peach salad with lemon grass dressing. I'm really impressed about this dish and I love the baby bok choi. Can't get those in Sweden. I do like that Sarah used all four ingredients in one and only dish! I also notised that she too use "handfuls" in her cooking. Me like. Just combine what you have and enjoy!

Prospect: The Pantry brought me Zucchini lemongrass pancakes with fresh peach salsa. This reminds me a lot of my own food apart from that Karen is such a better photographer than I am. I so like the simlicity and the beautiful colors. Karen is nice too, and caring about our cooking and ingredients skills. She gets a golden star for explaining how to use the lemongrass.

Wow! What else is there to say? Mike from Spiky Mikey thought it was a real challange with this months PC's ingredients. I'll say he stepped up to the challange and did a great job with his Pumkin Tagine with Couscous and a Parsley and Caper salad. I wouldn't miss out on this one just because the lack of a certian pot. A tajine pot is on my wishing list but I'll bet you can use this recepe in a ordinary casserole.

Then we have Tricia of Jonski Blogski who made a delicous Spaghetti Squash with Tomatillo salsa and Nectarines. Tricia were using both lemongrass and capers for the first time and I'm happy to have "pushed" her to doing that. That tomatillo salsa is very temting and I will definitely try to make some soon. I also discovered a new ingredient - Spaghetti Squash - and I did think about why and how that name came about. Tricia carified everything for me, and all the other unwitting out there, about the Spaghetti Squash. When ovenbaked, use a fork and scrape out the strands of squash - "This is where a first-time has the aha! moment: now you know why it’s called spaghetti squash!"

And last, but not least, my own ovenbaked zucchini and lemongrass with a salty peach and tofu sauce


*drums*


And now what? Who is the winner? I absolutely love all your entries and is really hard to choose a winner. Somehow the dishes are similar, but, at the same time they're totally different. Everyone has their own twist and ... Sarah - you are the winner of Paper Chef #56 September 2010! Congratulations! I'm impressed of your simpicity, your handfuls, the freshness and also the fact that you used all the ingedients in just one dish.


Just combine what you have and enjoy!

2 kommentarer:

Sarah sa...

Oh, thank you Asa! All the dishes looked very tasty this month and I think we are all trying such interesting things due to the inventive rules of Paperchef. :-)

Åsa sa...

Sarah - You're welcome! I agree, they were all very tasty and I'm happy for all of your efforts. It was obviously challenging to combine fruit and veggies in a main dish.

I'm looking forward to the next one :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails